Corrosion can occur if water—especially salt water—has come in contact with the battery connectors.
Corrosion may cause poor or intermittent jetpack connection, but it can be easily remedied using a contact cleaner. We recommended using either Würth Contact Oil, WD-40 Special Contact Cleaner, CRC Electronic Cleaner, or Pure ISO Propanol.
Unlike the jetpack connectors, which are watertight, the battery connectors need to be handled with care. Follow the directions below to remove any corrosion or oxide buildup that may have occurred on the battery connectors:
- Wipe the connectors completely dry
- Spray the contact cleaner onto a clean cloth or tissue; Do NOT spray the contact cleaner directly on the battery connectors
- Wipe the battery connectors with the cloth or tissue
- You can also use a Q-tip or cotton bud to clean between the tubes; Dip the Q-tip in some of the contact cleaner and carefully insert it into the tubes to wipe off the oxide (you can remove some of the cotton until you have a point small enough to easily fit)
- Be sure to dispose of the cleaning materials in accordance with local laws and regulations