Corrosion can occur if water—especially salt water—has come in contact with the jetpack connectors.
Corrosion may cause poor or intermittent jetpack connection, but it can be easily remedied using a contact cleaner. We recommended using either Würth Contact Oil, WD-40 Special Contact Cleaner, CRC Electronic Cleaner, or Pure ISO Propanol.
The jetpack’s system connector is watertight, which means you can spray the contact cleaner directly onto it. Follow the directions below to remove any corrosion or oxide buildup that may have occurred on the jetpack connectors:
- Wipe the connectors completely dry
- Spray the contact cleaner onto the connector pins
- Use a Q-tip or cotton bud to clean between the pins; you can remove some of the cotton until you have a point small enough to easily fit
- Carefully wipe off the contact cleaner with a clean cloth
- Be sure to dispose of the cleaning materials in accordance with local laws and regulations